Friday, October 9, 2009

getting back in the habit

It's the middle of October, and much has transpired since the second week of July. Apologies to my faithful readers out there who have been wondering where the heck I've been. The fact is, life just gets busy. Here's what that busyness has looked like lately:

First of all, there is a significant other in my life. Jessica and I have been dating for a month and a half now - not much time, but it's been delightful. We met about two years ago while I was in Kenosha for the summer after graduating from JBU, but weren't really on each other's radar screen until we participated in a mission trip to a Mexican orphanage in April. I was smitten by her godly demeanor, intelligence, and self-sacrificing passion for the children we were serving. So, I pursued. And miraculously enough, she responded! Thanks to God, we both live at home, are a part of the same local church, and have excellent parents and mentors to help guide us through the adventure of dating.

Also, I'm a full-time seminary student. Church History, Theology, and Greek are flowing through my veins. It thrills me to learn these things, and I am enjoying it greatly. No doubt it will get tedious and difficult after a while, but for the moment, I am content to buckle down and study hard.

On the side, I'm now officially licensed to substitute teach in the state of Wisconsin, so I'm learning how to wait for those 6 am calls from Salem Grade School to urge me out of bed and to the rescue of some poor, stranded learners. :)

5 comments:

C.R.M. said...

Billy!!! Welcome back to the world of blogging. I've missed you. :)

So happy to hear about Jessica. It sounds like you bless each other greatly.

Look forward to hearing more from you. Please give everyone my love - especially your mom.
~court

Nathan said...

Good to hear from you man! Excited that your seminary studies are going well.

Nathan

Lara said...

Wow, Billy! I'm so excited to hear about Jessica. I was reading your blog and shouted out to Aaron, who was in the other room, "BILLY GOT A GIRLFRIEND!"

Other things: Are you going to Urbana? Are you going to Robbie's wedding?

Almancena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Almancena said...

yeah Mr. Billy glad to hear that you still get to stand up in front of a classroom! See if you can get them to call you Teacher Mr Billy Nye! Great blog... mando saludos a la novia!