Saturday, September 15, 2007

geography lesson


Hey ya'll...

For your visual pleasure, I've attached a beautiful shot of Parral taken from the hill that is about 1/2 a kilometer from my house. I climbed it on Tuesday of this week in order to get a little solitude, adventure, and perspective (visually, mentally, and spiritually). I actually wound up getting a little more adventure than I bargained for, because, once I was almost at the top, I encountered a nice couple taking a walk with their 3 large, not-so-nice dogs. Being used to big dogs, I remained calm on the outside, and yet still couldn't help thinking about how bad their teeth would hurt as they circled around me, baring their mandibles and barking quite viciously. But thankfully, they eventually lost interest after their masters yelled at them sufficiently and apologized profusely.
If you have sharp eyes, you'll notice that I performed a little Photoshop magic and added a nice yellow arrow, which points to our casa. We live in a pretty nice part of town, and happen to be right across the street from the only park in the city. The big hill that you see on the left side of the picture is Antenna Hill (I'm sure you can guess why it's called this). If you can imagine that the picture extends to the right about another inch, then you would see the hill on which rests the famous Parral silver mine (now out of commission), and under the shadow of which lies the school/church at which we spend most of our waking hours.
Chido, bato! (which means "Cool, dude!")

3 comments:

Lara said...

Billy,
I prayed for you this weekend in the lovely quiet of the Darjeeling mountains. I love reading your blog; keep writing.
I'm so glad we are both seeing the faithfulness of our God even though we're in wildly different places. Well, maybe not so wildly different. :)

Janiece said...

The pictures give context to our imagination of what life must be for you and yours in this chapter of your life. We MISS you! Praying this thought from scripture for you today -- in quietness and confidence SHALL be your strength.

Ryan said...

It's beautiful billy
I'm really glad you got
out and hiked around.
I was suppose to climb a hill
thingy today as well, but I
happened to injury my back...so I'm living vicariously through you right now :-)
peace