Friday, April 18, 2008

springing forward

First of all, many apologies for the faithful blog-checkers (you know who you are) who have been greatly disappointed the past few weeks with the lack of new material. It's been a couple busy weeks of school, with lots of planning, teaching, giving homework, grading homework, making tests, and (soon to come next week) grading tests and calculating monthly grades. However, that's pretty lame excuse.


Sometimes I forget the purpose of having a blog. My ideal purpose is to compose deeply thoughtful, intensively reflective, and yet easily readable essays to stretch my brain, soul, and writing ability, inspiring my readers with a distinctive viewpoint on life lived in Christ. But, thinking that way puts my performance at the center of everything, filling my blog with self rather than the glory of the Creator. I forget that the best function of the blog is simply to inform those who care about my life abroad.


I'm in the midst of writing a short update about life in Parral, which I will hopefully post this weekend. But first I'd like to give a little visual of what I wrote about in the last two posts: my experience thus far in Albergue, and our visit to Basaseachi Falls. Enjoy the pictures!








































10 comments:

billy said...

Thanks for getting us updated billy... like the pics!

Almancena said...

hey billy, you posted on your own wall... weird... but that's cool. Good post!

Almancena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Almancena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
billy said...

Hey thanks man... but i can do what i want, and i liked my own update... you should go to bed it's late and stop swallowing your own toothpaste thats gross!

Almancena said...

yeah that's true about the tootpaste stuff it was an accident... hey man i am just trying to be one of the faithful ones that constantly reads your blog...

Almancena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Almancena said...

Hey David this is billy in your account:Hey dont worry about the toothpaste... it happens to the best of us, some people even do it just for fun i hear. Glad you enjoyed the posts, you should see the rest of the pics some time!

billy then yes... i mean the nyes!

Almancena said...

Hey this is getting out of hand, how did you get into my account Billy... well it's late and i am going to bed, my stomach hurts a bit from the toothpaste mis-hap... see ya

rachel said...

Thanks for the short post and the pics! Very Nice!