Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Parral in pictures






Ok, so here's a few pictures to satisfy somebody's (*cough* MOM!) thirst for a visual stimulation of where I'm at. The first picture is that of the house which David, myself, Jorge, and Mika all call home. Our abode is the second garage door from the left. As you can see, we're not roughing it too much, aside from the fact that we're severely lacking on furniture. So if you have any extra couches laying around, go ahead and FedEx them to us:)

The second picture was taken in the same spot, just looking the other way, down the street and parallel to the house next to ours. Pretty cool stuff, huh?

The next picture is of Independencia street and a statue of some Mexican dude (not Pancho Villa). The church that we are involved with also owns a sweet coffeeshop right next to that "Hotel Turista" sign, which is an outreach to the community through the avenue of fellowship and positive environment. It also has free Internet, which I take advantage of quite often.

Finally, my humble "cuarto". God totally provided a full size bed for me through my housemate Jorge, and although I'm lacking in any other furniture (aside from my suitcase-night-table, that is), God has given us poor profesores so much to be thankful for, such as food in the pantry (well...some:), a stove, a refrigerator, and a washing machine that's so darn fancy that it can also make enchiladas. Just kidding. But seriously, we have a really cool washing machine.

I'll definitely post more later, but that's enough for now. Adios!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey bro! A washing machine!? I'll trade you my love seat for one. I'll drop it at Fed Ex today;-) Seriously, though, as I've been procuring donations to furnish refugee apartments I discovered FreeCycle in ways I never imagined. All that to say that you should see if there's a free cycle community going in the region. I hear they're in Mexico! Thanks for posting brother and know that Annie and I are praying for you (daily if we can be responsible enough:-). Love you brother!